If MY People...
According to the US Supreme Court...WE are a CHRISTIAN nation.
(Church Of The Holy Trinity v United States, 143 U.S. 457, 1892)
We MUST see REVIVAL in our land IF we are going to SURVIVE for much LONGER.
A Booklet-Sized Guide To Personal, Church-Wide, and National Revival
Click To Read It, or Watch It below...
.Before we get to 2 Chronicles, let's consider what JESUS said to the church at Sardis among His letters to the seven churches in Asia Minor (modern-day Turkey) -- and see if it might also apply to these United States:
- To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.
- Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God.
- Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
- Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy.
- The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.
- Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
If you are a Christian who has been attending church for any length of time, you have probably heard
2 Chronicles 7:14quoted at least once in a call to the people of the USA to turn from their wicked ways and return to serving GOD:If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
If you are not a 'born-again' Christian...
Please click here first...
These words are usually spoken as a thunderous rebuke to the evil people "on the outside" or as a pleading prayer to GOD for some Devine Help to our beleaguered country. Let us put them into context..and see that they are more properly applied to you and me, fellow practicing Christian, as we sit so smugly in our pew.
2 Chronicles 7
- And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.
- If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
- If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
- Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
- For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
- And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statues and my judgments;
- Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.
- But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
- Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.
- And this house, which is high, shall be an astonishment to every one that passeth by it; so that he shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and unto this house?
- And it shall be answered, Because they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, and laid hold on other gods, and worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath he brought all this evil upon them.